Travelling to school by public bus

Information about bus passes for the journey to and from school. For details of my bus services please visit, our website for younger passengers.


Metro issues School Cards (which must be shown to the driver, together with a Boarding Card) for travel to and from school.

Free school travel

You may be entitled to free school travel on public buses - depending on how far from your school you live.

Find out more about free school travel on Metro'sgenerationM website


If you are not entitled to free travel you may still be able to make savings on school journeys by purchasing a pass from Metro. Please contact Education Transport for further advice.
Telephone: 0113 348 11 22

Outside school

Metro also has a range of passes for young people who use public transport outside of school hours. More about tickets and passes 

Lost Passes

If you have lost your School Card or Boarding Card you will need to contact your Local Education Authority.

If you live in Leeds, Metro can replace lost School Cards and Boarding Cards.

If you live in Wakefield, we can replace lost Boarding Cards.

You will need to send the following to our Education Transport team:

  • A passport photo
  • Your name, school, date of birth and address
  • A cheque or postal order for £7 payable to 'WYCA'
  • A self addressed and stamped envelope.

Please send to:

Education Transport
Wellington House
40-50 Wellington Street

Related Items


Get our email newsletter

For the latest news and offers direct to your inbox.