Is this OK?
Update 15 January 2015
The West Yorkshire Combined Authority (WYCA) supports many early morning, rural, evening and Sunday services in Calderdale. However, like most public bodies its funding has reduced. This review was designed to ensure public money is spent in the most effective and efficient way. Public consultation on the proposed network changes took place between Wednesday 4 June 2014 and Monday 21 July 2014. There were over 650 responses with the following major issues raised (in order of volume):
Following consultation WYCA’s proposals were modified to seek to take into account these issues within the funding available. Revised timetables were then put out to tender for bus operators to bid against.
WYCA has resolved most of the major concerns raised during the consultation, with the following services planned:
To make these positive changes, a number of other services have had to be retimed but current frequencies have been maintained. It has not been possible to resolve all the issues arising through consultation and a number of poorly used journeys which were not value for taxpayers money and did not meet WYCA’s criteria for continued support will be withdrawn.
The following changes should also be noted:
The following links to a table which summarises the bus services changes which will be introduced in January 2015. Calderdale Bus Service Review Outcome summary (pdf, size 255kb, opens in a new window)
Please note that there are a number of changes that have not been the subject of consultation. The changes were proposed by Yorkshire Tiger as part of a package that resolved many of the issues raised during consultation involving mainly the retiming of services. First has also made a number of minor changes to their commercial services.
The new timetables are provided below. Please note that printed timetables probably won’t be available until the week before the service change.
Yorkshire Tiger ServicesYorkshire Tiger has ordered six brand new buses for operation on supported routes in Calderdale. These buses, to be branded as “Tiger Cubs”, will be mini hybrids fitted with free Wi-Fi. The new vehicles are currently in production and should be in operation by the end of March 2015. In addition Yorkshire Tiger are refurbishing the remainder of their smaller single decker buses fleet.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE HAVE BEEN A FURTHER SERIES OF MINOR ALTERATIONS TO SERVICES 511, 513/14, 533/34, 561/62 AND 575. THE TIMETABLES BELOW WERE UPDATED ON 7 JANUARY 2015 TO REFLECT THIS.
• Service 343, Huddersfield – Elland – Halifax
• Service 501 (new service), Halifax – West Vale – Elland • Service 511 (replaces services 36 and 535), Halifax – Pellon Lane – Rye Lane
• Service 513/514 (replaces services 513 and 554), Halifax – Mixenden – Wainstalls Circular • Service 526 (replaces service 539) Halifax – Hungerhill – Shelf
• Service 532 (replaces services 832), Halifax – Scar Bottom via West End and King Cross
• Service 533/534, Halifax – Northowram • Service 536/537, Halifax – Stainland – Huddersfield • Service 540 (replaces service 28A), Halifax – Highroad Well via Thrum Hall • Service 546 Halifax – Warley Town • Service 547 Huddersfield – Rastrick – Brighouse • Service 553 Halifax – Pellon - Fountainhead • 560 / X58 (replaces service 528), Halifax – Rochdale / Commons via King Cross, Sowerby Bridge, Ripponden, Littleborough
• 561/562 (replaces services 531, 557, 559), Halifax – Ripponden Circular via Copley, Sowerby Bridge, Mill Bank, Ripponden, Barkisland, Greetland
• Service 563 (replaces service 573), Halifax – Copley – Elland – Brighouse • Service 571/572, Halifax – Southowram – Brighouse - Bradford
• Service 574, Halifax – Sowerby Bridge – Midgley • Service 575 (replaces services 34 and 507), Halifax – Boothtown - Claremount• Service 577 / 578 / 579, Halifax – Sowerby – Boulderclough / Hubberton
Route Descriptions for all new or altered Yorkshire Tiger services (pdf, 4.83 MB, opens in a new window)
The following First services will be changing in January:
• Services 510 / 512, Halifax – Mixenden Circular • Services 521, 522, 523, Halifax – Illingworth Circular • Service 535 (Sundays only), Halifax – Rye Lane • Service 539, Halifax – West Vale - Stainland • Services 541, 542, Norton Tower – Halifax - Siddal • Services 548, 549, Halifax - Brighouse – Rastrick / Huddersfield • Service 560, Halifax – Sowerby Bridge - Ripponden - Commons
• Service 571, Halifax – Southowram – Brighouse - Bradford
• Service 576, Halifax – Queensbury – Bradford
• Service 579, Halifax – Sowerby Bridge - Sowerby
Route Descriptions for all new or altered First services (pdf, 3.94 MB, opens in a new window)
Halifax Bus Company Services• Service 504, Halifax – Bradshaw – Denholme
• Service 800 (new service), Halifax – Ovenden Way – Furness Drive – Raggalds Inn
DK Travel• Service 586, Sowerby Ring and Ride
If you need to contact WYCA regarding this review, please email email@example.com Related Documents
Calderdale Equality Impact Assessment (pdf, size 123kb, opens in a new window)